Hey guys, this will be my final post before the big day I imagine. Cellphone service around the area is spotty at best, so remember to take these directions with you and I'll see you there. Look for my green explorer, that will be where we're camping. You'll also probably see a mass of people chanting and performing tribal dances...well maybe not if you get there early enough. I posted before about what to bring and that still stands minus the painted beer and baskets etc. The directions are below, see you fuckers there.
Directions to Piney River:
Exit I-64 at 118A
towards LYNCHBURG US 29 South, go about 34 miles
Us 29 South becomes Rt. 56 West for a few miles
Turn right onto Rt.
56, at Colleen going towards Piney River
Merge left onto Rt.
151 South, go about 1/8 mile.
Turn right onto Rt.
778 towards Lowesville
Turn right immediately before T & K
store, Rt. 666
Turn right onto Woodson Rd., Rt. 666, go across bridge (Piney River
Baptist Church on right side)
take a left across small bridge onto Rt. 827, Perkins Mill Rd.
Follow road. Turns into Alhambra Rd., stay straight (the road will turn into gravel)
Look for George Washington National Park sign on
right side of road.
The campsite is 3.5 miles up on the left side of the road. Look for Chris’ green Explorer.
If any problems, go
to T & K store and ask for directions....
The trip is 53 miles in total. About an hour from I-64.