Thursday, April 19, 2007

We're Getting Close

Alright guys, if you have NOT posted a comment with the names of whoever you're signing up-- DO IT NOW. I'm trying to finalize and post the camp groups by this weekend, preferably before Sunday. Once that happens I'm going to be calling the spokesperson for each group and getting them to begin organizing their camp group's materials. I need everyone signed up on here so I can buy the right amount of food and enough keg beer and thus set the amount of money I need to collect from each group at the proper amount.

Each camp group is going to be responsible for the following:
-tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags and any other such equipment (chairs etc.)
-1 cooler for beer and 1-2 big bags of ice
-snackage (chips, cookies, marshmallows etc.)
-wood (if you can bring any), especially bigger logs and such for a bonfire
-painted beers: 6-12+ depending on what you feel like and how many are in your group. I'll put an information post up about some methods the council has found that work well...
-1 beer satchel or basket per every 1 or 2 people in your group
-$10-20 per person: this amount will vary based on how many kegs we get and how many people are coming
-towel and/or bathing suit (there is a gorgeous creek to swim in and waterfalls)
-tennis shoes that can get wet and maybe an extra pair in case they do
-clothing (optional of course)
-flashlights, lanterns, lamps
-fun stuff such as hookahs etc. I know mine will be there, but the more the merrier
-liquor and mixers if you want such things (and are not true beer lovers)
-lighters and matches
-bottled water

What you don't need to worry about (AKA what your money is going towards):
-keg beer, 1-2 kegs (each keg will cost $48 plus a $30 deposit for the pump and $50 deposit per keg)
-cups
-wood
-burgers, dogs, and brats + necessary buns and fixings
-grilled corn
-the grill and charcoal
-lighter fluid
-breakfast type food: muffins, oatmeal, etc.

In the next couple days I will post directions to the campsite. Anyone is welcome to meet at my apartment around 12 noon and carpool/caravan to the site. Also, if you'd like to get up here on Friday evening, that'd be great. I have plenty of room to sleep people. Keep in mind that I would like to get everyone's money and, if possible, the painted beers by Thursday of next week.

ALSO, if anyone would like to be part of the Beer Hiding Team then PLEASE LET ME KNOW. BeerMasters Steve, Hana, and I were the team last year and if possible I know we would like to participate in the hunt this year. If no one else volunteers, we're all fine to do it again, but if you're feeling generous then, again, LET ME KNOW ASAP. The Beer Hiding Team will need to leave from Cville around 10 or 11 am in order to have time to set up. The campsite is about 45 minutes outside of Charlottesville.

My Final Appeal: The beerhunt is truly a blast guys. Last year, it was one of the best days/nights of my semester and I really would like it to continue to be a tradition. I think most everyone who was there would agree with me. COME! Plus, if that's not enough, just do it for me. I'm about to graduate, I have no idea what job I will be working, and I really just want all my friends to get together and unite for however much time we can. As we grow older these types of get-togethers will become fewer and farther between, so do it cuz you love me and I want YOU there if nothing else.